It's coming upon us! The days and days of holiday parties, treats, hustling to get Christmas presents bought and wrapped! Sometimes we put our health on the back burner. But not this Holiday! Today I have 5 ways you can Avoid Holiday Weight Gain, yet still enjoy the time with family and friends.
- Bring this Fruit Tree Dish to your family Holiday gathering and surprise everyone with how healthy and delicious snacking before the meal can be. Easy and simple, green and red grapes still on their stem. Cut up in squares cheddar, swiss and colby monterey jack cheese. And then add some pretzel sticks for the trunk and rosemary twigs for the tree branches. Don't forget the cheese star on the top!
- Don't give up your Fitness routine. Take long walks with your family, go running with your friends. Workout at home before the parties get started. Don't put exercising and being active on the back burner as well.
- Stick to your Meal Plan. This way you won't reach for those neighborhood goodies.
- Know why it is important for you to take care of yourself and write it down. Who is counting on you? Take care of yourself and put YOU as a priority!
- Start writing down your goals if you haven't yet, this will keep your health in perspective during the holiday season.
- Ask a family or friend to be your accountability partner and keep in touch with each others goals. Be healthy and active together!
Happy Holidays! Hope you enjoy spending time with friends and family!