Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Transformation Story & Easy Family Recipe

I am so excited to share with you today a wonderful Transformation Story from one of my good friends that used to be in my old ward.  

About 2 years ago I started up a Biggest Loser Challenge to help myself and others to work together to eat healthy and to exercise! This Challenge lasted 12 weeks! We had 10 ladies that were consistent in exercising and eating healthy. And they were consistent in their weigh in's each week! They put $1 in the pot and weighed in each week, for the 12 weeks! It was a great motivating challenge where we met at the track once a week! And did our own exercising as well.  
Total lbs lost between all 10 ladies that weighed in each week was 89 lbs!

So the winner of the Challenge was my good friend Tami Clark. She won $120! 

She lost 21 total lbs and 13% body weight lost!

Here is her before and after picture:

She didn't have that much to loose, but wanted join the challenge to help her get the rest of her weight off.

In her own words: "My daughter heard about Melissa's biggest loser challenge from a friend and wanted to join. I initially went because she didn't want to go alone. Melissa's positive approach was very motivating to me. She was very organized with menus and ideas to help. As I implemented these ideas I started to see the weight come off and I felt so much better! At the end of the challenge I had lost 21 pounds and could see muscles I hadn't seen in years. Thanks Melissa!"

Having the support and accountability with others around you helps so much in your weight loss Journey! She did great! It was so awesome seeing her progress each week!
Here is a YUMMY recipe that is great for the entire family, even my kids love it!  This is a recipe that is in my meal plans I provide. It is a healthy way to make a Spaghetti & Meatball dish! I implemented it from a Biggest Loser cookbook.

Here is the recipe:
Spirals & Meatballs
8 oz. Ronzoni Smart Taste rotini pasta
3 cups Main Event Marinara Sauce- heated
Olive Oil Spray
1 Cup minced yellow or white onion
2 Tablespoon freshly minced garlic
1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1/4 Cup Water
2 Tablespoon No-Salt-Added tomato paste
2 Teaspoon Honey
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
2 Teaspoon dried basil
1/2 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

Instructions:
Spray a medium nonstick saucepan with the olive oil spray and place over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until just becoming tender (they should not brown), 4 to 6 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and with a wooden spoon stir in the tomatoes, water, tomato paste, honey, oregano, basil, and pepper flakes until well combined. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for at least 1 hour. Season with salt, if needed.
New Favorite Meatballs- heated up
olive oil spray
2 egg whites
1/2 c quick cooking oats
1/4 c skim milk
1/2 c fresh parsley
1 tbsp minced onion- I used onion powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2/tsp garlic powder
1/4tsp salt
1 pound ground turkey or 96% lean ground beef

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with spray.

In a medium bowl, using a fork mix together the egg whites, oats and milk until well combined. Add the parsley, onion, oregano, garlic and salt until well combined. Mix in the beef until well combined.

Make 32 ( I got 36) uniform meatballs, each 1 1/4 diameter. Roll the balls with your hands and arrange, not touching on the prepared baking dish. Bake 7-10 minutes. I baked for 15-20 minutes.
Here is the recipe for it all:
            Cook the pasta, drain. Divide the pasta. Top with sauce and meatballs. Sprinkle 1 tsp. of Parmesan cheese over each bowl and serve.

Yummy!

I am starting another BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE on February 2nd for those that are interested in learning more, contact me via Facebook, email, call or Text! More details to come!

Thanks for checking in,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment