Thursday, May 21, 2015

Guest Post {Quest for more Happiness} Shambray Blog

I am so excited to have my good friend Shambray who blogs over at Shambray BLOG sharing with us her Quest for MORE Happiness posts she has been doing since the beginning of the year. She gave me this book to read and it does not disappoint and neither do her blog posts.
http://www.shambray.com/


Here is her post today to catch you up to speed and ideas to help you to find more Happiness in your own life:

I am so excited to be here guest posting!  I am so inspired by Melissa and everything she does to live life to the fullest and to be a good example to her kids at the same time.  Today I will be writing about my “quest for more happiness”.  It is something I write about once a month on my blog, Shambray.  It is based off the book, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  


I would love to have you join me and my readers on finding more happiness.  We all deserve and need to be the happiest we can be in this life.  Each month I set monthly goals for myself and then post them on the blog.  I ask my readers to join in and either set the same goals or modify them to fit their own personal needs. 
Since it is May I have already posted 5 sets of goals this year.  I will summarize what I have focused on each month and then challenge you to join in on the fun by telling you one of my goals from each month.  I want everyone to make 2015 the happiest year yet!  


In January I focused on energy.  This is such a great place to start if you want to be happy.  So what better way to have more energy than to exercise?  It sounds ironic, but exercise DOES help you have more energy.  This blog right here is a great place to get ideas on how to exercise and what to do to make it more fun and different.  Melissa always has great tips.  


In February I focused on love.  For me I focused on my husband.  For you it can be anyone, but if you have a significant other then I suggest starting with them!  The one goal I will tell you about is to give daily proofs of love.  I would do something out of the ordinary for my husband each day.  It works wonders.


In March I focused on work.  I work a full time job and then also write a blog.  It can be very time consuming and since I spend so much time doing one or the other, so I thought it is a good place to make sure I am the happiest I can be in regards to work.  The challenge I give you in this category is to enjoy failure.  Whether you are a stay at home mom or you work out of the home, either way it is “work”.  Enjoy failure because it will come.  You might as well enjoy it rather than hate it every time failure comes your way.  


In April I focused on kids.  I have one daughter and I like to focus on her.  Motherhood can be a source of guilt for many moms and I am not an exception.  So I wanted to make sure I was living the happiest life being a mom.  So the one challenge I am extending to you for this category is to sing and dance with your kids in the morning.  Seriously this one thing can change the whole day.  Try it!


Then finally, in May I am focusing on fun.  What better way to be happier then to have fun.  So the challenge I give is to find more fun.  Do what YOU find fun.  Don’t worry about what it looks like to others.  If it is fun to you then do it!
If you want to continue in this challenge I would love to have you.  You can find details on http://www.shambray.com/.  If you join in the challenge this month you will be entered into a giveaway for a $30 Visa gift card.  So you can be happier and possibly win free money! 
I hope you join in!  Once a month Melissa posts on my blog and typically it correlates with the theme for the month in regards to quest for more happiness.  It always has to do with living a healthier life.  Good luck with the challenges in this post.  You will notice a difference, I promise!


 

Thanks Shambray for sharing with us your great ideas on finding our own Quest for Happiness. If we do these, and take care of ourselves, we will feel better and just enjoy life in the moment, no worrying, and love those around us. Our Happiness each day will come.

Thanks for checking in,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment