Thursday, July 23, 2015

{Success Story} Busy SAHM of 2 little ones Lost all her baby weight

I want to share with you an amazing success story from a really great friend of mine. Kaili and I went to high school together and have reconnected through Coaching. Her story is so inspirational and she is a wonderful person. Here is her story in her own words:


I am a busy mom of two kids ages 1 & 3, I stay home and take care of our family household.  My husband likes to call me the CEO of the Hill house :)
I was very active growing up. I was a Cheerleader throughout high school, ran track, and I paddled (canoe race) when I lived in Hawaii, I never had trouble with my weight.
Then I went to college and gained my Freshman 15 plus some! I really started to notice that my bad eating habits were catching up to me.  I got married at 25 and I had my first baby at 27.  I gained 45 lbs.  I went from 130’s to 196 the day my son was born.
For 2 years after my son was born I struggled with my weight.   I was in a very dark and depressed place in my life.  The one person in the world who I counted on for so much in my life passed away one month after I had my son, my Dad.  I had no idea how I was going to survive it, he was EVERYTHING to me, I was a complete daddy’s girl.  
My depression was so bad, it was combined with post partum and the passing of my dad.  My hormones, weight and life was spinning out of control.  I went to the doctor to see if there was something I could do to feel better.  They took a blood sample and found out I had Hypothyroidism.  It was very off and causing a lot of my depression, crazy moods and inability to lose weight.
After I was able to get my hormones balanced I started to notice some weight loss, but it was still very difficult.  I was up late one night and saw an infomercial on a home workout called Brazil Butt Lift and I had to have it! I wanted my body back and a Brazil Butt of course! Lol, so I ordered it.
I didn't know how to lose weight since I never had to before. I wanted to find a way to get in shape that wasn't a quick fix. I wanted a lifestyle change. I was able to get back down to 140lbs which was awesome!
Then, I had my second baby and I gained it all back plus some.  I was 206 lbs when I had my daughter.  I struggled with post partum depression again and it developed into more depression for 2 years after.  I felt like I had lost who I was, I stayed home day in and day out and never wanted to go anywhere.  I cried everyday feeling overwhelmed with the kids, housework and poopy diapers.  I never really wanted to go out or do anything. I really felt worthless and I was desperate to find a deeper purpose for my life.
I knew that if I could work on my diet and exercise more I would feel better.  I started small with taking walks around the block.  I was completely out of breathe just doing that.  Then, I decided to do crunches while I watched tv, squats while I was doing laundry and other housework.  I eventually started finding workout videos online to do and I got stronger and started losing weight again.  I made a decision to just keep going and not focus on my weight, just focus on being healthy.
Then I found another home workout that was even better than Brazil Butt Lift and worked for my mom schedule (only 30 minute workouts), a simple nutrition plan and a support system to really help me stay accountable.
I felt awesome, and wanted to help others. So I started coaching women (and a few men), and other moms just like me to lose weight, get fit, gain confidence and create a lifestyle change. I started coaching in Feb. 2015, and I've been doing that ever since!  I have never had a job more fulfilling than this! It has been life changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment