Monday, August 31, 2015

My Coach- Janell Youngberg's Success Story

I am very excited to share with you a Success Story from my Personal Coach.

I have know Janell for a long time. She was my Young Women's leader growing up.
We reconnected through facebook just this past year and I started seeing her posts about coaching. I wondered what she was doing as a Personal Trainer and decided to ask her about it.



Here is her story in her own words:

"Being a mom is the best job I could ever have and I truly love it! However, as a wife, a mom of 3 busy kids, I felt that I was meant to help and impact more people on this Earth but didn't know how. Don't get me wrong, I was fulfilled being a mother and as my kids went to school I didn't want to get a job because I wanted to be available to attend their games, their field trips, and be involved in their lives. However, I was getting tired of just going through the daily motions of laundry, cooking, cleaning, rinse and repeat.
Even though my husband has never asked or required me to work, I am very independent and I felt his stress of providing for our family. I also was tired of feeling strapped to a budget, not feeling like I could go buy clothes, or let my kids participate in certain things they wanted, or sometimes I just wanted to give more without being tied to our budget.
I have always felt that I was meant to help and impact more people on this Earth but didn't know how. About 5 years ago, I decided to try online personal training and I hired business coaches and spent thousands of dollars, time, energy, and tons of effort with little success and very little income. There were times that I felt taking time for myself or having big dreams was selfish and I felt defeated. As a personal trainer, I have always felt driven to help others get healthy and fit but it consumed my life designing programs, meal plans, & workout routines and I knew it was not healthy for my family.
I did not lose hope and knew inside that if I kept my family and faith my 1st priority that I would be blessed to find a way to make it all work. In June 2014, I met my coach Shannon Golladay and I decided to join Beachbody. I knew I couldn't ever promote something I didn't believe in, so I first tried their programs and Shakeology and I became a huge believer!

I have always been passionate about health and fitness and fairly fit; however, I've never had ab muscles (that I could see), biceps, or really much muscle definition anywhere on my body, even with all the hard work and I had some cellulite I couldn't get rid of. After having 3 kids, I seriously didn't believe I ever could and just figured it was genetics.
I have always worked out hard and thought I needed to spend hours for great results. The only results I kept getting was injuries and still didn't get the results I really wanted. As a personal trainer I also felt unconfident because I didn't think I had the perfect body, which affected my career.
I am not sharing this to brag, but wanted to tell you what I have experienced in my own health and fitness journey because of Beachbody programs, Shakeology, and becoming a coach. I now spend LESS time working out, I actually have biceps, very little to no cellulite, and the bigger miracle is that I am starting to see my abs for the 1st time ever!
I also started reading personal development, because as a Beachbody coach I was encouraged to do so on a daily basis to work on my mindset. I now feel more confident, and not just because of the physical changes, but mostly because of the mental ones. In the past, I was the shy girl that never wanted to be in pictures (because I wasn't cute enough), and now I am living out loud with purpose to help others and I love it! I love that Beachbody offered me the whole package with workouts, nutrition, and coaching to help me stay on track and get real results!
I am really excited to help others experience the same results like I have or like one of my clients that has lost 70 pounds in 7 months. Your health and fitness journey is your own and it is not about comparing yourself to others, but about becoming YOUR very best SELF!

Now 1 year later, I am a 1 star Diamond, and I get to focus my work time on what I love most, coaching others. In a nut shell, I offer support, motivation, and accountability to help others get results physically and financially! Since then, I have increased my income enough to ease the financial burden on my husband and help pay for extra expenses like cheer, unexpected medical expenses, saving for a family trip to Kauai, HI next summer, and I no longer feel so financially strapped. I am happier and more present for my family and I am fulfilling my dreams in the process. It has been a huge blessing in our lives, in so many aspects, and I am now paying it forward to help others."

I love Janell's story about how she can work less and on her own time, helping others through social media, on the phone and text, having them use Beachbody programs that also help to get results, and she doesn't have to be away from her family.

Thanks for checking in,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment